To get started, please download Mono for Android from
. There's a free 30-days trial version available. If this is no option for you, please contact me. I can send you some links to an older Mono for Android version which doesn't expire (but therefore only runs in the emulator).
To build KP2A proceed as follows
- clone the Git repository
- execute keepass2android\src\keepass2android\UseManifestNet.bat
- open Solution keepass2android\src\Keepass.sln. I'm using VS2012.
- set the following symbols for conditional compilation INCLUDE_TWOFISH;INCLUDE_KEYBOARD;EXCLUDE_KEYTRANSFORM;INCLUDE_FILECHOOSER;EXCLUDE_JAVAFILESTORAGE in the projects keepass2android, KeePassLib2Android, Kp2aBusinessLogic
- If you are using another IDE or still have problems when compiling regarding JavaFileStorageBindings, you can also remove the JavaFileStorageBindings and GooglePlayServicesFroyoLib references from projects Kp2aBusinessLogic and keepass2android
- Unload JavaFileStorageBindings project from solution (building this project requires several additional steps which are not yet documented here)
- create an empty file DropboxFileStorageKeys.cs in keepass2android\src\Kp2aBusinessLogic\Io\
- build project keepass2android. There will be a few warnings from Mono for Android, but hopefully no errors.
- run keepass2android
Please contact me before you start working on your feature so we can work out what's needed for later integration into the master branch.