This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Trouble exporting windows portable 2.35 into KeePass2Android

Mar 20 at 2:14 AM
Edited Mar 20 at 2:14 AM
I'm new to all this and having some trouble.
I'm using the Windows portable v. 2.35
Everything seems great and everything is saved. Now I want to import or make a copy to my android.

I have tried exporting the database from the Portable in versions 2.xKDBX, 2.34KDBX and 2.xXML
I did all of these file types this in both Chacha20 and AES/Rinjndael
I have tried to open all of these databases on my SDCard with Keepass2Android offline and even KeepassDroid

None work. I have no idea why or what could be the problem. I have closed and reopened the portable in windows and it seems to be fine on that end but I'm starting to think there is a setting wrong or something on the portable end.

In Keepass2Android offline I get an "invalid file signiture"
In KeePassDroid I get a "database format not recognized"

I'd prefer to use the Keepass2Android offline but am becoming desperate to just get something working.

Any help would be enormously appreciated.

thanks
Mar 20 at 4:09 AM
Someone in another forum was able to help me out. I didn't realize i was corrupting the file when i was transferring it through USB to SD.

They recommended transferring it through dropbox or google drive but I don't feel these are secure enough. I didn't see the option but I found that i could transfer the file through the Tresorit App which I feel is a lot more secure. I then deleted it so I could work offline only.

I got it up and going thanks for making this awe app!