This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Trouble exporting windows portable 2.35 into KeePass2Android

Mar 20, 2017 at 2:14 AM
Edited Mar 20, 2017 at 2:14 AM
I'm new to all this and having some trouble.
I'm using the Windows portable v. 2.35
Everything seems great and everything is saved. Now I want to import or make a copy to my android.

I have tried exporting the database from the Portable in versions 2.xKDBX, 2.34KDBX and 2.xXML
I did all of these file types this in both Chacha20 and AES/Rinjndael
I have tried to open all of these databases on my SDCard with Keepass2Android offline and even KeepassDroid

None work. I have no idea why or what could be the problem. I have closed and reopened the portable in windows and it seems to be fine on that end but I'm starting to think there is a setting wrong or something on the portable end.

In Keepass2Android offline I get an "invalid file signiture"
In KeePassDroid I get a "database format not recognized"

I'd prefer to use the Keepass2Android offline but am becoming desperate to just get something working.

Any help would be enormously appreciated.

thanks
Mar 20, 2017 at 4:09 AM
Someone in another forum was able to help me out. I didn't realize i was corrupting the file when i was transferring it through USB to SD.

They recommended transferring it through dropbox or google drive but I don't feel these are secure enough. I didn't see the option but I found that i could transfer the file through the Tresorit App which I feel is a lot more secure. I then deleted it so I could work offline only.

I got it up and going thanks for making this awe app!