This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Feature Suggestion: Temporary Password Generation / Password Change

Sep 25, 2016 at 3:58 PM
First, I would like to say thanks to everyone involved in this project.

The feature I want to implement is the ability to generate temporary passwords and facilitate changing them directly via Keepass. I haven't seen this feature done anywhere. Often when you change a password, you need to remember your original password for the submission. Well, how do we do that without having to type anything manually or accidentally destroy the original password?
  1. If we add a temporary password for each entry, we could use the field to store a randomly/manually generated password. This way, we do not destroy the original password.
  2. If we add a "TempPW" button to the virtual keyboard. This facilitate the ability to change passwords on certain websites that requires the original password. This way, it protects the user from making an error.
Alternatively, if we have a way to add custom alternate passwords/keys, ex: security answers. Each custom alternate keys will add an extra button or button list to the virtual keyboard. This would also solve the same problem.

I would love to contribute the work and add these features to either Keepass2Android/Keepass. But I have no clue how to start. I am an EE with plenty of embedded C/firmware/assembly experience, but very little high level application development.