Plugin Modify Existing Entry?

May 7, 2016 at 2:19 PM
I'm working on a Keepass2Android plugin that will act as a more advanced password generator. It will provide more options for generating passwords, such as pattern-based generation, character type requirement (for example, if the user desires, the generated password can be made to always include a number), and exclusion of look-alike characters.

I've run into a roadblock, though, while writing this plugin. I haven't been able to save the password to the database as part of a modified entry. I've been trying to use the setEntryField method of the PluginEntryActionBase class, but it only seems to modify what is shown on the screen rather than what is stored in the database.

What my plugin is attempting to accomplish is to allow the user to open an entry, generate a new password for that entry, and have the entry with the new password saved to the database (possibly with a confirmation, such as "do you want to save the updated entry?"). I have not yet been able to implement this particular workflow.

Thank you very much for any assistance or advice you can provide. Keepass2Android is a really great and useful app.
Coordinator
May 12, 2016 at 7:08 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.