This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

switching keyboards

Dec 18, 2014 at 4:05 PM
I am new to Keepass2Android. I finally got everything working, except for the step where I return to using my Android keyboard.

According to the user documentation "When you're done, click the Keyboard key (next to the KP2A key) to switch back to your favorite keyboard. :

Where is the "KP2A key" located? I do not see it anywhere on my screen. These are the only KP2A options that get displayed at the bottom of my screen: ABC User Password padlock x Go padlock

I know there are other ways of returning to my Android keyboard. But it would be a lot easier to use the method described in the documentation, if I could just locate the key.
Dec 29, 2014 at 5:11 PM

On my aPhone 5.0.1, under the grayed padlock (far right) is a keyboard icon. Clicking on it allows me to "manually" switch back.

It would be sweet if KP2A would remember the last used and switch to it immediately.
Dec 29, 2014 at 6:35 PM
Thanks!
Coordinator
Dec 30, 2014 at 2:27 PM
on the screenshot posted by Dude_, the fourth key (next to "Password") is the KP2A key which can be long pressed.

@Dude_: on rooted devices, there is the option to automatically switch the keyboard back (see https://keepass2android.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Advanced%20usage%20of%20the%20Keepass2Android%20keyboard&referringTitle=Documentation and make sure you're using the latest version 0.9.6 from https://keepass2android.codeplex.com/releases/view/557522 or Play store beta channel)
Dec 30, 2014 at 5:55 PM
Long pressing that kp2a key for me only opens the same change keyboard window as tapping the keyboard icon, which is quicker.

I'm glad to see there is auto-switching keyboards but it's not working for me. With system+ enabled via secure settings 1.3.5 on my rooted stock rom nexus 4 android 5.0.1, auto-switch (or any variation of) still isn't in kp2a 0.9.6-pre1 keyboard settings. I tried going to a site that requires login info kp2a has and selecting share url - kp2a, only the same change keyboard window opens again. Nothings changed for me.
Coordinator
Dec 30, 2014 at 7:15 PM
sure, if you have that button, that's quicker. I just wanted to explain where the key is - and on phones you usually need to pull down the notification drawer before you can open the dialog, so it's not really quicker there.

You need to go to app settings -> password access -> keyboard switching to enable auto-switch. Settings have been changes lately, I probably should update the documentation soon...
Dec 30, 2014 at 7:45 PM
Perfect, I found the settings...cheers
Jan 25, 2015 at 6:26 PM
Edited Jan 25, 2015 at 6:41 PM
Hi all.

I have rooted Nexus and I too am trying to get auto-switching keyboard setup. I have kp2a 0.9.6 installed today from Play store. Read doc but link to opt in to beta doesn't work....

https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.intangibleobject.securesettings.plugin

...gives....

"Sorry - nothing to see here.

There may be several reasons:
The app you’re looking for doesn't exist
or
the app developer is not currently running a test
or
you are not eligible to participate in the testing program.
If you received the link to this page from someone, we recommend you contact them for more information."

I already have 0.9.6 so do I still need to join beta program, and if so how do I do that please?