Warn user of keyboard on unlock

Sep 29, 2014 at 6:52 PM
I was wondering if it would be possible to warn a user that the active keyboard is not KeePass2Android when attempting to unlock a database file.

This would help to ensure that the master password is not as easily captured by a rogue keyboard application.... and I frequently forget to change back to KeePass2Android before opening my database
Coordinator
Sep 29, 2014 at 7:35 PM
I guess https://keepass2android.codeplex.com/workitem/222 would basically solve your concerns, right?
Please note that this is not the primary reason I added the keyboard but of course it's a nice idea to use the keyboard for entering the master key as well.
Sep 29, 2014 at 11:54 PM
That is a similar idea, but not quite the same. I was only asking for either a warning dialog and an option to automatically open the keyboard change dialog..... similar to switching back to the regular keyboard after pressing go.

My device is used for business and it is not and never will be rooted.
Coordinator
Oct 1, 2014 at 3:53 AM
ah, yes, I would implement that issue in a way that brings up the keyboard selection on non-rooted devices and simply switch keyboard on rooted (and properly configured) devices.