This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Is it easy to setup and use keepass authy and dropbox?

Aug 7, 2014 at 6:43 AM
I'm considering to start using Authy and enable 2-factor authentications for Dropbox where I store my kbdx file, anyone done this that can give any hints of how you are using this combo on Android and Windows and if any special tricks was used during setup?

I'm currently using the offline version of Keepass2Android so I'd guess I first have to switch to the regular one. On the Windows side I was thinking of using the Tray TOTP Plugin for KeePass2 (http://sourceforge.net/projects/traytotp-kp2/

Since enabling 2-factor authentications for dropbox would mean I'd have to change the setup on multiple computers, phones and tablets at once I'd really love to hear from someone how this setup works ;-)
Oct 14, 2014 at 6:53 AM
I'd like to do the same. Any suggestion? Is Keepass2Android able to authenticate to Dropbox with the 2-factor authentication enabled?
Oct 15, 2014 at 7:47 PM
Edited Oct 15, 2014 at 7:47 PM
If I understood it correctly, Keepass2Android don't need to go through Authy to get the kbdx file. That is done by giving authority directly from the dropbox account (with the possibility of giving access only to one specific directory, Apps/Keepass2Android).

I have not yet tried the TOTP (or equivalent), so if you succeed please post ;-)
Oct 15, 2014 at 9:54 PM
Yes, sorry, it was a confusion, I configured the 2-factor auth in Dropbox and Keepass2Android works perfectly :-)