This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Sync problem with Google Drive following PW change

Apr 23, 2014 at 12:03 PM
Like many here I downloaded Keepass to my PCs following the Heartbleed scare and installed keepass2android to be able to access on my phone.
I saved my database to Google Drive from my PC and was able to open it from my phone with the changes syncing fine.

Of course Google is one of the sits that it is recommended we change the password which I did. I re-signed in on my PC and then had to sign in my android phone with the new password. When I next opened my file in Keepass2android it was an older version of the file despite having the correct timestamp when choosing the file from Google Drive.
I checked the Google drive file from my PC and that was the correct file. I saved again.
Back to my phone and opening from Drive I saw that the timestamp had updated but the file on loading onto keepass2android was still old.
I cleared cache from both Drive and keepass2android to no avail.
I don't know what might have been going on but keepass2droid clearly wasn't opening the file from Drive but some hidden cached copy. The problem was only resolved by saving a copy to Drive with a new name from my PC.

Stuart
Apr 27, 2014 at 12:58 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.