keypass2Android problem

Jan 18, 2014 at 3:20 AM
Edited Jan 19, 2014 at 12:45 AM
I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 android version 4.3 and downloaded keypass2android. All seemed to go fine, however, I must not understand how to use it. I have several online sites that require a security log in.
I first setup a database in Keypass with a master password. I thought that when I go to one of these sites and input the user name and password, that Keypass would prompt me to save the info. Keypass didn't. In addition, Windows Secrets contributor Lincoln Spector showed a screen shot showing that there would be a Keypass icon in the keyboard...there isn't.
Is your product not compatible with the Samsung or its native web browser?
If it is, where can I find a setup tutorial to help me with your product.
Thanks,
BM

Update:
I think I figured out the program. Hopefully this is correct.
Once I established the database with encryption password. I then clicked on the internet icon on the next page in the program and completed the info on the website that I want to be able to open using its required password.
Once saved, I open Keepass, type in the Keypass password, then click on the internet icon on the next screen and click on the saved URL to start it. Once the log in window opens for the website I am trying to gain access too, I touch the username field.
At that time I see that two notices pop up at the top of my Smartphone. I open the 1st notice (username) and click on it and then go back to the websites log in screen and touch and hold my finger on the username field till the word 'Paste' is highlighted. I hit the 'Paste' button and it floods in the username in the log in window's username field. Then I click on the second notice (the password) and follow the same steps to paste the password in the password field.
A little cumbersome but it works.
Is this the intended way to use Keepass2Android?
Coordinator
Jan 20, 2014 at 3:12 AM
Unfortunately, most things you think it would work are technically not possible.

Please watch the introductory video and read the documentation.

For adding entries: Either you add them upfront, or - that's what I'd suggest - you use the Share URL to open Keepass2Android. The search won't return a result, but if you choose "Create new entry" the URL field will already be filled correctly.
Even better: If you already have some sort of password database (like passwords stored in your desktop browser), try to use Keepass on the desktop to fill your initial password database!
Coordinator
Jan 20, 2014 at 3:14 AM
Update: I didn't read the update :-) (I had typed my text but didn't submit it for whatever reason...)

This is one option how to use it. In the introduction video and the docs you will find further options!
Marked as answer by PhilippC on 1/27/2014 at 3:27 AM
Jan 23, 2014 at 1:49 AM
Thanks PhilippC:
After reading the documentation, I now use the KP2A keyboard feature...very easy to use.
Thanks again.