This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Can't see KP2A icon

Aug 10, 2013 at 11:02 PM
Edited Aug 11, 2013 at 2:16 AM
I have been using Kepass2 on my home computers with, Vista and Win7 operating systems. I have just installed it on my Android Tablet (ICS 4.0.3). I have successfully transferred the database to the SD card and can access it. BUT, I do not see the KP2A icon in the notification area. The settings for KP2A are set to show the icon but I only see it briefly when I log into the database. Please tell me what I am not doing to make it show up.
Thanks Michael
Coordinator
Aug 11, 2013 at 4:37 AM
Have you turned on QuickUnlock when opening the database?
Which Android OS version do you have?
Aug 11, 2013 at 4:49 AM
Edited Aug 11, 2013 at 2:50 PM
Yes, I see an Icon flash on briefly at the bottom right of the screen that says it is activated and then disappear. OS is ICS 4.0.3) There is no Icon in the notification bar at the bottom of the screen. I tried the Offline version but same problem.
BTW, thanks for the prompt reply!
Michael
Coordinator
Aug 11, 2013 at 6:34 PM
sounds weird. Is there anything special with that system? Rooted, special apps, ...? Do you maybe have only very few system memory available?

Another thing you could try:
create a file "/mnt/sdcard/keepass2android.log" (e.g. with ES file explorer or from the desktop PC)
try to load the database
send me the log file (you can read it to ensure it doesn't contain sensitive data - it's plain text)
optional: delete the log file to disable logging
Aug 11, 2013 at 9:52 PM
It is Rooted. No special apps that I know of, I'm a beginner and just learning the thing. As far as memory it has at least 60% of 4Gb memory available and a 32Gb SD card. The Password database is on the SD Card I copied it from my desktop and I can access it and view it from K2A I'll work on sending you the log file.
Michael
Aug 12, 2013 at 3:36 AM
I did what you said but the file was empty. Of course I may not know what I am doing. How about this please tell me step by step how to put a password into the entry box maybe I am just doing it wrong. Also if you expected some data to be in the log file please give me a little more information. I did create the file, I started K2A but nothing went into the file. Michael -- /\_/\ (='.'=) Angus (") (") Skye (") (") Finn
I did what you said but the file was empty. Of course I may not know what I am doing. How about this please tell me step by step how to put a password into the entry box maybe I am just doing it wrong. Also if you expected some data to be in the log file please give me a little more information. I did create the file, I started K2A but nothing went into the file.
Michael

--
/\_/\
(='.'=) Angus
(") (") Skye
(") (") Finn
Coordinator
Aug 12, 2013 at 6:31 AM
Please see https://keepass2android.codeplex.com/documentation for an explanation of how to open the file. If you proceed like this, you should find some text in the log file. Or you maybe misspelled it?

Sorry that I wasn't clear about the memory question: I was thinking about RAM (which you can see in the system settings)?
Aug 12, 2013 at 3:31 PM
I red your tutorial, maybe the problem is I'm using and external keyboard and I think it is looking for an internal on-screen keyboard. I'll try that. I do have the Kp2A activated. I see a keyboard icon in the notification area but it is rather dim, but I think it was there before I loaded KP2A or maybe I am mistaken. Any way I will try it with the on-screen keyboard. I think I did spell the title for the log file as you said, but I'm getting to be an old man and things aren't working as well. Getting older beats the alternative but not by a lot. Michael -- /\_/\ (='.'=) Angus (") (") Skye (") (") Finn
I red your tutorial, maybe the problem is I'm using and external keyboard and I think it is looking for an internal on-screen keyboard. I'll try that. I do have the Kp2A activated. I see a keyboard icon in the notification area but it is rather dim, but I think it was there before I loaded KP2A or maybe I am mistaken. Any way I will try it with the
on-screen keyboard. I think I did spell the title for the log file as you said, but I'm getting to be an old man and things aren't working as well. Getting older beats the alternative but not by a lot.
Michael

--
/\_/\
(='.'=) Angus
(") (") Skye
(") (") Finn
Aug 13, 2013 at 12:10 AM
Philipp, Ok, I get it now! The icon is on the internal keyboard and doesn't show up on the notification area, so I have to unplug my external keyboard to get it to work. Is there a way to setup a hot key on the external keyboard, like the desktop version of Keepass? Any way I can make it work now. Michael On Sun, 11 Aug 2013 00:37:59 -0400, PhilippC wrote: > > From: PhilippC > Have you turned on QuickUnlock when opening the database?Which Android > OS version do you have? > > Read the full discussion online. > > To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email > ([email removed]) > > To start a new discussion for this project, email > [email removed] > > You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion > on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com. > > Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any > posts to this discussion will also be available online at >CodePlex.com -- /\_/\ (='.'=) Angus (") (") Skye (") (") Finn
Philipp,
Ok, I get it now! The icon is on the internal keyboard and doesn't show up on the notification area, so I have to unplug my external keyboard to get it to work. Is there a way to setup a hot key on the external keyboard, like the desktop version of Keepass? Any way I can make it work now.
Michael

Coordinator
Aug 13, 2013 at 1:35 PM
aaah, good point! Haven't considered external keyboards yet!
I don't think integrating with the external keyboard is possible on Android...
Aug 13, 2013 at 2:55 PM
Phillip, If you ever figure it out would you keep my email on file and let me know? It's been nice chatting with you. Michael McLeod On Tue, 13 Aug 2013 09:35:59 -0400, PhilippC wrote: > > From: PhilippC > aaah, good point! Haven't considered external keyboards yet!I don't > think integrating with the external keyboard is possible on Android... > > Read the full discussion online. > > To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email > ([email removed]) > > To start a new discussion for this project, email > [email removed] > > You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion > on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com. > > Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any > posts to this discussion will also be available online at >CodePlex.com -- /\_/\ (='.'=) Angus (") (") Skye (") (") Finn
Phillip,
If you ever figure it out would you keep my email on file and let me know? It's been nice chatting with you.
Michael McLeod