This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.
8
Vote

Fingerprint Unlock keeps getting disabled.

description

I'm having an issue that after enabling a Fingerprint unlock on a DB, after a while it gets disabled. I then have to enter the password manually and enabled fingerprint unlock again in the Database Settings.
Could this be caused by my Tasker profile which removes Pin lock when I connect to specific Wifi networks (using Secure Settings).
I'm not sure if that is the cause because I tested the profile multiple times and the Fingerprint didn't get lost and even when the Pin lock is removed, the fingerprints are still there (in Android Settings/Security)..

Is there a way for me to troubleshoot this? Anyway to get a log file?

comments

jepho wrote Oct 3, 2016 at 11:43 AM

This is so true. Seeing this behaviour on Marshmallow 6.0.1.

Spikelangelo wrote Oct 14, 2016 at 6:18 PM

It worked without issues for a while, then a few weeks ago I noticed the same thing, randomly disabled fingerprint. It's happening quite regularly now, possibly related to rebooting (at least in my case.)
CM13

databoy2k wrote Feb 15 at 12:21 PM

I hate to necro an old bug, but this is definitely back as of the 1.01 changes. I'm getting it every time on my Galaxy S7 (7.0) and Galaxy Tab S (6.0.1). Quickunlock opens, but it seems like it gives up on a fingerprint before you even have a chance to provide your fingerprint.

If I recall correctly, it was around the 0.97 that this same bug existed and was squashed and it seems to be back.

mlamers wrote Feb 26 at 5:05 PM

I have the same behavior on my Galaxy S7.
I thought this is a Samsung problem as other apps struggle to get it right also.
1Paassword for example has the exact same problem on my device whereas other apps like "Banking 4A" work.

rolego wrote Jul 4 at 4:05 PM

I have the same error on my Honor 8.

I have to mention that I modify the Database with KeeWeb on my Notebook as well. It could be that the appropriate information get lost there. I could investigate in this a bit...

PhilippC wrote Jul 10 at 10:27 AM

Can you please switch to the beta channel (https://play.google.com/apps/testing/keepass2android.keepass2android) and see if the issue is fixed there?

owilsky wrote Jul 10 at 3:06 PM

I'm on the beta channel for some weeks now and this error did not happen to me for some time now. Had this before though.

Dayvan wrote Jul 11 at 10:57 AM

I originally raised this issue, but also haven't encountered it in a long while.
However, when I raised it (Sep 29, 2016), I was on a Samsung Galaxy S5 Duos. I moved to a Oneplus 3 in November 2016. So it could be a phone specific or Android specific version issue as I haven't noticed it on my OP3.
I'm currently on v 1.01-g

Since other people are still encountering the issue, maybe we should still keep it open.

rolego wrote Jul 17 at 8:55 AM

I was able to solve this issue for me.
The reason in my case was that Keepass2Android expected the database file on Dropbox to be lowercase (e.g. 'database.kdbx') while my desktop client (KeeWeb) stored it upercase (e.g. 'Database.kdbx'). Like this the fingerprint unlock sometimes worked, sometimes not, depending on which client did write the database last.

Since I corrected this, fingerprint unlock works ALWAYS and I'm a very happy person again! :-D