This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Where is my .Kdbx file?

Dec 22, 2016 at 3:42 PM
My password file is stored on Google Drive and i was modifying it via my Windows 10 laptop Keepass application and the Android app. At some point my windows app gave me some error messages. I am now fully able to work on my Android app, but my windows app says the kdbx file is not found. Indeed, in the target directory on Google Drive I only have a tmp file. Strange thing is i can still start, stop, and update my passwords via my Android app. When i start my android app it says the file is in gdrive://<my emaill address>/Password DB.kdbx but the file is nowhere to be found on google drive. The bonly thing i have on Google drive is the Password DB.tmp file, and it bears an outdated date (the date when i first had the corruption). 2 questions:
  1. Where is the non-corrupted file that KP2A is so successfully using and how do i get my laptop application to use that file?
  2. how do i avoid this corruption going forward?
Dec 22, 2016 at 10:44 PM
Edited Dec 22, 2016 at 10:45 PM
Answering myself (partially) for those interested: looks like i had mistakenly deleted the .kdbx file. Once i restored it from Google Drive's trash KeyPass for windows worked well. The interesting part is that KP2A was able to find and continue updating the file while it was in trash. Once it was restored from trash and moved back to its intended place in my Google Drive, Kp2A was able to find it and continue working with it, w/o any configuring. Hmmm...