This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Temporary file location

Jul 19, 2016 at 9:22 PM
Hi,
I was using Keepass2Android without problems, until my source database file was deleted. Because I opened it from remote ssh location, I have local copy in my phone somewhere. I can still open local database and browse it.
My question is if it is possible to locate local database copy in phone and copy it for normal usage - it is my last copy of database file! I searched kdbx files in phone but without success.
Thanks for help.
Oct 15, 2016 at 4:38 PM
Yes, you can indeed do that, but I think you need root access (or at least adb from your computer). I did the same thing with a local file (on my phone) which was treated as remote file whose server is not reachable, therefore all my changes to the keepass database on Android were only synced to the (normally) inaccessible temporary file and I could not move the changed file anywhere from Keepass2Android.

This temporary file (in my place) is located at and has got the following name:

/data/data/keepass2android.keepass2android/cache/OfflineCache/<file>.cache

Replace <file> with suitable numbers and letters. We will find out which ones are suitable, in the following:

So in adb, do the following:
adb shell
cd /data/data/keepass2android.keepass2android/cache/OfflineCache
ls

Now remember the filename with random numbers, ending with .cache (I will call it <file>), and do (if on linux):

exit
adb pull /data/data/keepass2android.keepass2android/cache/OfflineCache/<file>.cache ~

Now, you should have it on your computer and should be able to open it in KeePassX or KeePass.

Sometimes, there is more than one cache file. I think Keepass2Android also always keeps a copy of the database that was before the last saved change. You then have to find out by yourself, which file is the newest one.