Is ssh public key authentication low on priority?

Apr 12, 2016 at 11:47 AM
Edited Apr 12, 2016 at 11:50 AM
I store my keepass file on my server, and the server doesn't support ssh password login as a security measure.
I'd like to open the keepass file on android, modify it, and synchronize the changes with the server, but no android application does it for now.

I would contribute to this project if it was written in one of JVM languages, but it is written for mono.

I'd like to see it sooner than later, but I would have to wait for it if I don't pay.
How high a priority does ssh public key authentication have in your mind?
Coordinator
Apr 14, 2016 at 4:53 AM
Chances are that it makes it into the next major release (1.1), but I haven't started working on it. There are other things (improved WebDAV support, FTPS support, maybe MEGA) which are voted higher and thus have higher priority. BTW the SFTP implementation is in Java:
https://keepass2android.codeplex.com/SourceControl/latest#src/java/JavaFileStorage/app/src/main/java/keepass2android/javafilestorage/SftpStorage.java
I'm not sure what you need in terms of UI to get this completed, so it might be necessary to make changes on the C# side as well. But if you can "hack" public key support (e.g. wtih a hardcoded path to the key) this still would be a great contribution and definitely would mean I would try to integrate it as soon as possible.
Apr 16, 2016 at 7:36 AM
Thanks for reply. I will definitely look at the source code when the issue becomes immediate to me.
May 14, 2016 at 2:21 AM
This is high on my wishlist as well.

It looks like JSch has the capability (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4932005/can-we-use-jsch-for-ssh-key-based-communication), so I reckon the hardest thing is sourcing the key.

All Keepass2Android would need to do is provide a way to store a key or point to a directory containing a key. Ideally it would also store a password for the key but that's more of a nice-to-have.

I'd contribute a patch myself, but I'm fairly time poor at the moment.

How is the project built? Can it be opened and compiled in Android Studio? If so, maybe I could try to chip away at it.

Also, is there a release cycle? When's the next major release likely to be?

Thanks for the app! Would really love to see this feature, as it would really round out the SSH offering :).
Jul 13, 2016 at 2:01 AM
Just like to chime in with another request for SFTP certificate support.

Thanks for the great app.
Sep 2, 2016 at 9:46 AM
Another vote for ssh pubkey support.
Coordinator
Sep 8, 2016 at 4:35 AM
I understand this would be great. Unfortunately I haven't found a solution to this problem yet. The Mono implementation (which is included in KP2A) is really bad compared to that of MS .net on Windows.