how to customize how long QuickUnlock remains active before DB becomes locked?

Apr 6, 2016 at 4:21 PM
Edited Apr 29, 2016 at 10:15 PM
I would like to customize how much time QuickUnlock remains active before DB becomes locked.

I could not find it in settings nor in documentation nor in discussions or issues. Am I missing something?
Apr 29, 2016 at 10:17 PM
Bring up my post. Should I file a feature request which address this?
Coordinator
May 12, 2016 at 7:12 PM
QuickUnlock tries to remain active forever, but Android occasionally kills the app process. For security reasons, I cannot store any part of the master password on persistent storage, so you need to unlock fully after that again.
May 12, 2016 at 10:59 PM
That's really sad news, as it means that I need to re-enter master password really often if I switch apps a lot (and I do actually).

Have you considered storing a long hash of the QuickUnlock code on a persistent storage? Or having a separate small process which is guaranteed to stay alive by eg a persistent notification which keeps the QuickUnlock code in memory and is able to talk to the main KP2A process?

I understand both ways are feature requests to say the least, but just curious how I can vote for improving longevity of the QuickUnlock feature.
May 13, 2016 at 12:05 AM
Edited May 13, 2016 at 12:07 AM
Alternatively, I wish the "full fingerprint unlock" would require master password once the device is rebooted -- then I would rather switch to Full FP Unlock without risking with my passwords DB in case the phone gets stolen and someone sees my device lock code.

(BTW, I wonder how master password is stored between process kills and between device reboots in case of Full FP Unlock-- and why it's secure enough)