This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Donate a beer experience

Oct 8, 2015 at 11:49 PM
I love the app, and I use it all the time. I've successfully donated before (awhile back), and I tried to do so again but I was unable to do so. I just wanted to let you know of the donate process from my POV and how it fails.

From memory (the page now points to donate to a different charity), I clicked on the donate a small beer (I'm an unemployed programmer...if I can get a job, I'll contribute more!), and I was allowed to open either with web browser or my PayPal app. Either route I took, I could not get to the actual page to complete the transaction.

I thought perhaps it was due to an authentication issue with PayPal, so I went ahead and tried it after logging in to both the app and the browser, and it still would not work. It would just send me to a blank web page, always in the Chrome browser app (even if I chose PayPal's Android app and not the browser).

I'm trying to be more diligent about voluntary payments for apps, but this one just wouldn't let me do it like the last time. I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 with KitKat.

Thanks for making such a great app (and the offline version as well).
Coordinator
Oct 9, 2015 at 8:19 PM
thanks for considering to make a donation. As the donation page says, I would like to ask you to donate to world vision instead. I am happy about this as well!

The normal donation page will come up in January again.
Oct 9, 2015 at 8:53 PM
Ah, I think I may have been a little unclear. I had tried to donate *before* it was changed to the world vision page. I was just letting you know that it wasn't working at *that* time. Maybe I had caught you in the middle of transitioning to the new donation page?

I haven't donated to the world vision just yet, but if they allow for smaller donations I'll try to do so.

Thanks again for the great apps!