This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Unable to access kdbx on WebDAV share

May 10, 2015 at 12:47 AM
I am trying to access my keepass db that I keep on a https webdav share.

Steps:
  1. Enter URL of my database. https://example.com/kps/web.kdbx
  2. Enter share credentials and allow saving
  3. Choose "Password + Key", enter password, choose "Local File" and navigate to /storage/emulated/0/keepass/web.key/
  4. Press OK
At this point I get a Working... Loading database popup. This spins for about a minute then fails with this error: An error occurred: The request timed out.

If I enter the same URL as above into the browser I can download the file. I can also open that file with Keepass2Android with the same key I tried above. I am also able to open and modify the database on Windows through WebDAV using KeePass without issue.

Some information that might help:
Galaxy S4 Android 4.4.4
Keepass2Android version: 0.9.7
WebDAV share is running on Debian 7/ nginx 1.8.0
Jul 3, 2015 at 7:33 AM
Edited Jul 3, 2015 at 8:40 AM
Hi,

I get the same issue, also from a webdav share.

HTC One M8 Android 5.0.1
Keepass2Android version: 0.9.8
WebDAV share is running on ownCloud 8.0.4 (Raspberry PI nginx/1.2.1)
Jul 11, 2015 at 7:52 AM
I finally figured this one out. It has something to do with the cipher suites I was allowing on my server. I replaced this in my Apache config:
SSLCipherSuite EECDH+aRSA+AESGCM:EECDH+aRSA+SHA384:EECDH+aRSA+SHA256:EECDH+aRSA+RC4:EECDH:EDH+aRSA:!aNULL:!eNULL:!LOW:!MEDIUM:!SEED:!3DES:!CAMELLIA:!MD5:!EXP:!PSK:!SRP:!DSS:!RC4
With:
SSLCipherSuite ECDH+AESGCM:DH+AESGCM:ECDH+AES256:DH+AES256:ECDH+AES128:DH+AES:ECDH+3DES:DH+3DES:RSA+AESGCM:RSA+AES:RSA+3DES:!aNULL:!MD5:!DSS
And it worked. It dropped me from an A+ to an A in the Qualys Labs SSL Test, but what are you gonna do?
Marked as answer by fatgeek on 7/15/2015 at 4:44 PM
Jul 11, 2015 at 10:48 PM
Hi,

I got a similar problem here. I Try to connect via WebDAV HTTPS to my Synology Server.
At the first time the connection works and I can open the kdbx database. But when I want to synchronize a second time manually, keepass2android says "no connection/route to host" or "time out". Closing database and retyping the whole URL etc doesn't help. Only if I remove keepass2android completely and reinstall it, it will work again. For 1 time.

With the browser and netdrive no problems!

Any ideas?

Nexus 5 and 9 using android 5.
Jul 13, 2015 at 11:01 AM
fatgeek wrote:
I finally figured this one out. It has something to do with the cipher suites I was allowing on my server. I replaced this in my Apache config:
I had the same problem and fix it by adding AES256-SHA to my cipher suite.

Does anyone know what ciphers are support or what library is used to access webdav shares?
Jul 13, 2015 at 11:47 AM
I can confirm that a less restrictive cipher suite works
ssl_ciphers  HIGH:!ADH:-AES128:-CAMELLIA128;
HTC One M8 Android 5.0.1
Keepass2Android version: 0.9.8
WebDAV share is running on ownCloud 8.0.4
nginx 1.8.0
PHP 5.4.41-0+deb7u1 (fpm-fcgi) with XCache v2.0.0