K2A not staying in notification area

Apr 25, 2015 at 4:10 PM
Hi,
I must first off start to thank you Phillip for a great app. I've been using it since the first version and now also with a YubiKey.

I'm using a Sony Xperia Z3 with quick-unlock enabled (as default). Lately I've been having problems with K2A not staying in quick-unlock mode/notification area. I don't know exactly when it happens, at least it takes a few hours before it's gone. This causes me to have to have to open K2A again, unluck the database using the YubiKey OTP process.

I've checked that it isn't the phone restarting (without me noticing it), as I have over 500 hours since last boot.

I'm also using Sony's powersaving feature Stamina mode, that is quite aggressive to background apps. I've had the phone for 5 months with Stamina mode activated without it being a problem. Adding K2A as an "allowed app in standby" for Stamina doesn't help.

One other possible cause could be the upgrade to Android 5. I'm not really sure about how much the upgrade coincide with the problem, as I first thought it was me who had closed the database antecedently or the phone restarting.

Does anyone else have this problem? What else could I try?
Apr 30, 2015 at 1:06 PM
On my LG G3 (Lollipop), I've set KP2A to have Priority notifications (Settings->Sound->Apps, check the Priority box for KP2A). This helps some; KP2A stays around more often when I clear the recent apps list, but it still disappears sometimes.
Jul 7, 2015 at 7:15 PM
Problem solved. It's due to that I now have chosen to have let Google Play auto-update KeePass2Android. For every new version that is installed, Keepass2android will close the database, which makes sense.
Marked as answer by scorpio_x on 7/7/2015 at 12:16 PM