This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

help wanted with keepass' yubichallenge

Feb 3, 2015 at 3:58 AM
I wanted to use a password and response
on keepass. I installed yubi because keepass
requested it. but, I then got a blank screen.
I could not find any instructions in either of
the two programs. I did find some info on
sourceforge.net, but I could not understand
them. can someone help? I tried writing 3 files,
but that does not work.

from sourceforge

"YubiChallenge is an Android app that provides a simple, low-level interface for performing challenge-response authentication using the NFC interface of a Yubikey Neo. This app should be triggered using an implicit intent by any external application wishing to perform challenge-response. The intent name should be "com.yubichallenge.NFCActivity.CHALLENGE" and the challenge should be stored in an extra called "challenge". The response will be returned by the intent in an extra called "response"."
Feb 5, 2015 at 4:28 AM
please first configure your database with the Keechallenge plugin on Windows.
Feb 14, 2015 at 8:39 PM
thanks for the reply. I never got an email notification
that there had been a response or I would
have written earlier.

I cannot use this plugin that you are talking
about, as this is on Android, as I made
note of in my first post. do you have
some help for keepass2android offline?

thanks.
Feb 14, 2015 at 8:40 PM
Feb 16, 2015 at 7:37 PM
there's no "Android-only" way. You need to configure it on Windows once, then you can use it on Android.
Apr 15, 2015 at 1:41 PM
Hi,

I am also trying to get this to work. I have the plugin configured on my desktop. However, when I try to open the KeePass2 db on my android... it says...

"Could not find an app that can handle the challenge. Please install Yubichallenge from Google Play."

It then attempts to redirect to the app on Google Play (I assume), however it can't find the app on Google Play. I hunted around for Yubico related apps, and the only ones I could find are YubiClip and Yubico Authenticator.

Using YubiClip... something gets copied into the clipboard for the phone (based on dumping the clipboard into a note app it looks like it is a string of OTPs generated. and not the fixed hash stored on the Yubikey in slot 2.

Does Yubichallenge show up in the app store for you developers? I am in Canada. Perhaps it is locked from Canada?

Do you have any advice?
Apr 16, 2015 at 4:57 AM
I have contacted the author of YubiChallenge. He fixed the issue and the app is now available again:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.yubichallenge
Apr 16, 2015 at 2:28 PM
Thank you! :)