This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

K2A doesn't remember last used database on OneDrive

Dec 18, 2014 at 5:11 PM
Hi folks. I recently moved my kdbx file from Dropbox to OneDrive. Now K2A prompts me to open the database each time I start it. This did not happen when the file was stored on Dropbox.

I have removed the old Dropbox filename from K2A's recently used list, turned off caching, cleared the old cache, etc. to no avail.

This is not a big deal at all, I'm just wondering why it is occurring and if it can be resolved.

Thanks
Dec 18, 2014 at 5:17 PM
Also, K2A seems much slower working with OneDrive than Dropbox. Is this my imagination?
Coordinator
Dec 19, 2014 at 9:42 AM
the Dropbox API is much better suited for KP2A than the OneDrive Api.

Before I can open a file on OneDrive, I first need some initialization which might cause user interaction. I don't want to show a OneDrive screen if you open KP2A, so I decided you first need to click the database name and that might take you to the OneDrive login (if you disconnected the app from OneDrive e.g.). This also might explain the performance difference.

My experience is that Dropbox works better than OneDrive and GDrive.
Dec 19, 2014 at 2:25 PM
Thank you for the explanation, makes sense.

Now I've also experienced that both KP desktop and KP2A have given me conflict/merge warnings on OneDrive, even though modifications from each platform were spaced well apart. That's something else that never happened with Dropbox.

The integrity of the kdbx file being critical, I may move it back to Dropbox.

Thanks for a great program.
Jan 9, 2015 at 9:35 PM
OK, I moved back to Dropbox and am glad I did, but it was not without some headaches. Please see following issue report for details.

https://keepass2android.codeplex.com/workitem/296