Google Drive - Can't synchronize after first close without re-linking to online DB

Jul 8, 2014 at 3:15 AM
The synchronization feature has been working great for me, with one exception - it doesn't want to work after I've closed out of the app completely (I have to go select the file from GDrive again to get things working). I apologize if this has been covered somewhere before; I saw a few related issues but not this one in particular.

Here are the steps I've followed on my device to reproduce this:
1) Open file -> Google Drive to my kdbx file
2) Enter password and key file to unlock initially
3) At this point I can use the "Synchronize Database" feature as expected...I see the toast telling me the files are in sync
4) Important Close out of the database and close out of the app completely (I can go back to pick the database file from recents and it still works as expected if I don't exit out/close the app from memory)
5) Re-open the app and select my database file from the recent Google Drive location (starting with gdrive://...), and I get this toast:

Now I've seen some discussion on the above issue before, and I wouldn't mind just working on a local copy, but the problem is that it appears to neither pull changes from the database copy in my Google Drive folder, nor allow me to sync changes made from my phone, as I could when I first started from step 1.

6) When I then try to "Synchronize Database...", I get the following message:

It may also be helpful to note I've got the Database caching, Check for modifications, FIle Transactions, and Pre-load options all selected. I'm not sure if this is a known issue that can be fixed or a limitation of Google Drive, but it would be great if you could shed some light on this. Really love this app and aside from the minor issues it's perfect!
Coordinator
Jul 22, 2014 at 6:31 PM
sorry for the late reply. Please watch out for the next version of KP2A where I changed (and thus hopefully fixed) this.
Jul 29, 2014 at 10:39 PM
I look forward to the new version as I've been experiencing the same issue for a while now. Other than that it has been a great product!