YubiKey NEO & OATH-HOTP

Jul 1, 2014 at 8:25 PM
Hello Keepass2Android Team,

just a short question. But first, I like your APP!!! =o)

On YUBICO Page is actually the OATH-HOTP configuration (latest standard) explained. (http://www.yubico.com/applications/password-management/consumer/keepass/)
It works for KeePass.

Can i use the YubiKey NEO & OATH-HOTP & NFC with Keepass2Android or is only Yubico OTP supported?

Thank you,
Mo
Coordinator
Jul 2, 2014 at 7:05 PM
If you have version 0.9.4 (currently only available in the "regular" (not the offline) version and on Android 4.0+), you should be able to select the KeeChallenge mode (requires the YubiChallenge app) if you also use Ben Rush's KeeChallenge plugin.
Jul 3, 2014 at 4:31 PM
Hello Philipp,

thank you for the quick response.

I can't get it managed.

It works for KeePass but not with K2A, i don't know why. =o(
NFC is turned on, YubiChallenge is installed. (Challende-Response on Slot 2)

I switched to "Passwort + Challende-Response".
Entered the Password, swiped the YubiKey NEO over the Nexus 5 "Pling, pling" and nothing, i can not press the OK Button.

I checked NDEF Programming, cleared the YubiKey NEO configuration, started from beginning.
But i don't get it work.

Who managed it and can help me.

Thank you,
Mo
Jul 3, 2014 at 6:05 PM
KP2A looks for a XML file and get a "FileNotFoundException", which XML file is needed?
Coordinator
Jul 4, 2014 at 3:17 AM
Before swiping, you need to click the"lower auxiliary file"button. I guess that's where you get that error.
You should see an XML file in the directory of your database if you have set out up with the keechallenge plugin on windows! If you are opening from SD card, make sure you have that file on your Android device on the same directory as the kdbx!
Jul 5, 2014 at 11:17 AM
Arrrr, sorry my fault. I read your Documentation but don't understand that always a XML will be created, OTP creates a different XML than challenge-response.
All fine now! =o)
Gute Arbeit! Good work, so far. Donation is on the way.

A last question: Is there a secure way without a XML File?
It works, but i don't like to place this file in the cloud.
I don't like to place an additional file everywhere.

Thank you,
Mo
Jul 5, 2014 at 11:37 PM
Tested boxcryptor, but it is not possible to open two files at the same time out of boxcryptor.
Let us see what the boxcryptor team writes to this,...

https://forums.boxcryptor.com/topic/boxcryptor-yubikey-neo-with-challenge-response-keepass2android
Jul 14, 2014 at 6:30 PM
Now i managed it. With Cloudfogger, it is possible.

Open inside Dropbox with activated Cloudfogger (for Android) the *.kdbx file (from Cloudfogger secured folder).
Choose Challenge Response in android2keepass.
Load from Dropbox with activated Cloudfogger the *.XML file.
Press inside android2keepass (Load OTP - File)
Swipe the YubiKey over the mobile device with NFC Support.
Load from Dropbox with activated Cloudfogger the *.kdbx file again.
Enter Password, and go!

A little complicated but it works completely inside a secure area.

Kind regards,
Mo