Input Method Switching

Jun 16, 2014 at 5:38 PM
After the latest update, the input method switching seems to be broken. KP2A switches to its internal keyboard but fails to return to swiftkey.
Coordinator
Jun 17, 2014 at 4:41 AM
Edited Jun 17, 2014 at 9:50 AM
which event would you like to trigger the switch? How did you configure the app?
Jun 17, 2014 at 7:45 PM
What I'm seeing is that the "done" button isn't showing up any more, so the keyboard is stuck. Also, unless I'm remembering wrong, when you swipe away the "Entry available" notification, it used to switch back.

I've got it set up to use secure settings to do the swap without interaction. I get a toast for switching TO the KP2A keyboard, but obviously no toast for going back.

I swear all this worked before.
Coordinator
Jun 18, 2014 at 6:45 AM
you can configure KP2A to lock the database and/or change keyboards when pressing the done key. Swiping the notification away will only lock the database which in turn should switch from the small keyboard to the 4-row keyboard (but not Swiftkey).

You might want to vote for https://keepass2android.codeplex.com/workitem/203 which should improve the switching further. And you can also download older versions of the app to check if there was a change.
Jun 18, 2014 at 1:41 PM
The offline version of KP2A in the play store now does:
  • selecting the entry notification switches to the KP2A keyboard
  • swiping the notification switches back to the original keyboard
Which should be the expected behavior. You shouldn't ever end up in a state where you need to go back to settings and swap input methods. The "GO" and "DONE" buttons don't show up in every app. Chrome and amazon.com have them, but ColorNote does not -- swiping the notification doesn't do anything, so now you MUST go to settings. I presume this has to do with the type of input widget. Other apps will auto-fill the password box immediately upon selecting the input notification. If you swipe the notification away before pulling up the keyboard again (which is not always available in the following screen) and picking "done", you're now stuck and have to go to settings.