Automatic keyboard switching with System Settings does not work for me

Apr 17, 2014 at 3:26 PM
Hi,

I use V0.9.3-r5 on a rooted CM11 and Secure Settings 1.3.4. Automatic switching of the keyboard does not work.

I tested it this way:
  • Open Twitter app, I am logged out currently
  • go to the login form
  • open kp2a, open my kdbx file
  • click on the magnifying glass at the top
  • enter "twit" and click on "Twitter"
  • switch back to twitter app
    -> I still see Swiftkey as my current keyboard
  • I have enabled the root option in kp2a settings
  • System+ Actions/Input Method is enabled in Secure Settings
I have a tasker profile watching the notifications from kp2a and use Secure Settings to switch keyboard when kp2a sends a notification. This works fine, so System Settings and root also works fine. Please note that I disabled this taasker profile for above tests.

Any idea what's going wrong here?
Coordinator
Apr 19, 2014 at 4:53 AM
currently, switching keyboards automatically only works when you use the Share URL feature from your browser. It only replaces the manual keyboard selection (without root the user certainly doesn't want to see the keyboard selection pop up each time he opens an entry).
But feel free to add a feature request on the issues page for "Enable KP2A keyboard exactly when data is available for it".
Apr 19, 2014 at 12:33 PM
I have an problem with the switch back to the previous keyboard if i hit done on the small keyboard.

At first, in the preference file (KP2A_Switcher.xml) there are the value "previous_keyboard" are set to "keepass2android.keepass2android_nonet/keepass2android.softkeyboard". Should this ever happens?

After delete this preference xml i get the keyboard selection (after hit done on the small Keyboard), i select TouchPalX (my primary Keyboard) and than the next time keepass2android switch back to TouchPalX. But some time later the switch back no longer work (no question and no keyboard change), i guess because it switch back to its own keepass2android keyboard instead the TouchPalX Keyboard.

I use 3 Keyboards, that are
  • TouchPalX (my primary that i always use)
  • HackersKeyboard
  • Keepass2Android
cu
May 16, 2014 at 2:23 PM
Just wanted to mention I have the same issue as neniuideo. Pressing done on the KP2A keyboard doesn't return the original keyboard. Secure Settings shows one if it's own toast notifications about how the keyboard it's supposed to switch to doesn't exist. I use the Google Keyboard with two languages enabled.

Where is that KP2A_Switcher.xml file located by the way? I can't find it.
May 16, 2014 at 2:59 PM
/data/data/keepass2android.keepass2android_nonet/shared_prefs/KP2A_Switcher.xml
or
/data/data/keepass2android.keepass2android/shared_prefs/KP2A_Switcher.xml
but you need root.

cu
May 6, 2015 at 3:06 PM
Edited May 6, 2015 at 3:08 PM
I had this exact issue develop after ruling android from cm11 to 12.1 (and back again)

I was able to do this (without exploiting root privileges) simply by closing the keepass database and then checking the android app settings - clearing the cache worked for me!

Sorry about the font, looks massive on my phone, but I've had such a hard time subbing up to post this :)