This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Error when opening Keepass file in Google Drive

Mar 18, 2014 at 12:58 AM
Recently I have encountered a problem while trying to open and even save the Keepass file on Google Drive. An error box pops up that says "Cannot connect to file provider service". I'm using a Nexus 4 running Android 4.4.2.
Coordinator
Mar 24, 2014 at 5:27 PM
does this problem persist or was it a temporary thing?
Apr 8, 2014 at 1:33 PM
I have the same problem on Kit-Kat running on a Motorola Moto G. And it looks like being permanent.
Coordinator
Apr 8, 2014 at 8:45 PM
please create two empy files (e.g. with ES File Explorer): "/mnt/sdcard/keepass2android.log" and "/mnt/sdcard/keepass2android.cloud.log". Then reproduce the problem and please send me the log file.
May 7, 2014 at 3:54 AM
Edited May 7, 2014 at 4:54 AM
I'm having the same problem using SFTP. When I look in the log file, I see that the sftp URL created has my password url encoded. Even though the password looks correct, I'm still getting 'Auth fail' exceptions. Is there some limitation on protocol versions supported or anything like that? Any way to get ssh debugging enabled?

EDIT: A little more information, I turned on verbose logging on the server and all I see is "Connection from <IP Address> port 48398". No indication of a successful or failed login attempt. That prompted me to try enabling more authentication methods. Once I enabled 'password' (as opposed to keyboard-interactive) it started working. Which brings me to my next question. Is there a way to use public key authentication instead of password?
Coordinator
May 11, 2014 at 7:17 PM
Please feel free to add this as a feature request!
May 26, 2014 at 8:49 PM
I get the same error message when trying to connect to Dropbox. Using a Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 on Android 4.4.2.

I also seem to be unable to add passwords/groups and save them to the local SD card.
Coordinator
Jun 2, 2014 at 7:31 PM
@JMark: you mean the "Cannot connect to file provider service"? Did you create the log files?

There is a limitation on Android 4.4.2 regarding SD card access (see https://keepass2android.codeplex.com/workitem/220). Moving to internal storage should fix that?
Jun 4, 2014 at 5:16 AM
Thank you--moving the file to internal storage did fix that.

On 6/2/2014 11:31 AM, PhilippC wrote:

@JMark: you mean the "Cannot connect to file provider service"? Did you create the log files?

There is a limitation on Android 4.4.2 regarding SD card access (see https://keepass2android.codeplex.com/workitem/220). Moving to internal storage should fix that?