This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Problem using YubikeyNeo with OTP and Google Dive

Feb 7, 2014 at 1:46 PM
Hello Philipp,

it seem that your app is unable to load the OTP File when using Google Dive. An errormessage occurs with the Info, that the app wasn't able to load the OTP file. When I copy the files on my Phone, everything is working fine.
Am I doing something wrong or is your app looking on a wrong path for the file?

I'm also having the following Problem, when using the OTP with the NEO. There is always a window popping up, where I have to choose the correct app (your app :)) for the URL transmitted via NFC. The other possible app I can choose is the OperaMini I'm using.
That's quite uncomfortable, but I'm not sure if there is a possible configuration I have to do on my phone (don't know where?!?).
Choosing "Alway" in combination with Keepass2Android would't work because of the changing URLs (the OTP part). So I'm getting 4 popups for entering 4 OTPs :/

The apps are installed on a Nexus 5.
Feb 8, 2014 at 4:52 AM
Hi,
which version are you using? I tested with the latest version (you get it as beta-tester or here from Codeplex) and I could load the OTP Aux file from Google Drive correctly. There was a problem in a previous release but I think this should be fixed in the current Play Store release as well already. Do you have any special characters in your Google Drive path?

Regarding the NFC: Did you try to choose Always? For me (and I believe for others) this works even though the URL differs! I even think (but never tested) that this would still bring up other apps if you have an NFC tag with a different URL.
Feb 8, 2014 at 4:53 AM
...as an additional note: It is possible to access NFC without using the global Intent filter within an app, but this would a) require more permissions b) require some kind of interaction which I simply couldn't figure out how to do...
Feb 8, 2014 at 8:54 PM
Hi Philipp,

I'm using the k2a Version 0.9.2-r3.
I try to test it tomorrow with the beta Version.
There are also no special chars in the filename and are located in the root dir.

Choosing "always" isn't working, but i'll try it again.

Thanks so far.
Feb 10, 2014 at 12:29 PM
Hi Philipp,

I just updated my K2A to Version 0.9.3. I'm still unable to open the OTP Helpfile from my Google Drive. Sorry, I wish I had other news :)

If there is anything I can do for you (More information, testing something else) let me know.
We can also communicate in german if you wish. Sometimes it's a bit difficult for me to explain the problems in english. At least I think it's sometimes hard to understand for others :)

Never the less, your app works like a charm. The OTP is just something I'm testing around with. I'm a bit anxious using OTP because of the counter, as I can't login to my DB when I released an OTP without beeing in the right field, as the counter will increase (If you understand what I mean ;)).
Feb 12, 2014 at 7:57 AM
do you have a chance to run LogCat (if you're a developer, for example)? Sending me the output of LogCat might help to find the problem.
If you can't you could create an empty file "/mnt/sdcard/keepass2android.log", reproduce the problem and then send that file. It contains less infomation than the LogCat log would, but it might help nevertheless!
Feb 13, 2014 at 9:14 AM
You got mail :)
May 22, 2014 at 12:56 PM
Do you have any further Information on this matter or do you need something else. Also in the last version i'm having trouble opening the database with the otp file directly. I always have to download the files.
May 23, 2014 at 7:36 PM
I have fixed in issue regarding Google Drive which should solve the problem. Update will come in the next days here on CodePlex (beta release)!
Jun 27, 2014 at 10:28 AM
Hey Philipp,

sorry for answering that late. I tested the last update and also tested challenge-response.

At first I encountered the exact same problem as with the OTP helpfile when it comes to load the Challenge Response helpfile . I wasn't able to load it. After a bit of testing I resolved this problem by simply moving the Keepass database from the root folder into a subfolder. After that, everything worked as intended and the OTP and challenge response helpfile were loaded as intended.

Also I'm very happy for the implementation of challenge response. OTP is way to risky to use for me because of the counter. Challenge Response is a way easier to use way.

Thank you alot for keeping up this very good work!