This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Access to KeePass DB on WebDAV with different clients

Dec 18, 2013 at 5:16 AM
Edited Dec 18, 2013 at 12:04 PM
Hey there,
is anyone ofyou using KeePass on WebDAV (Owncloud) with KeePass2Android and other clients simultanously?

I have some Problems, if I use KeePass2Android to store new DB-Entries. Next time I use KeePass 2.24 from my Desktop i get following Error:

"The file signature is invalid. Either the file isn't a KeePass database file at all or it is corrupted"

If I use KeePass2Android "read-only" everything works fine... I don't know what i'm doing wrong.

However, the App is great and worth a try.

Kind regards
jukah
Dec 18, 2013 at 11:13 AM
Edited Dec 18, 2013 at 12:08 PM
Ok i think i solved the problem. But I don't know details about this function...

Settings - Program/Application-Settings (Anwendungseinstellungen) - File-Settings (Umgang mit Dateien) - uncheck "Filetransactions" ("Dateitransaktionen")

I came across this in another post related to the Desktop-Client. It seems this is caused by "unstable" WebDav-Connections.
You can uncheck this function in the Desktop-Client too.

If you youse Owncloud the path to use is:

https://owncloud.org/remote.php/webdav/Path/To/Folder/With/Databasefile.kdbx

Good luck!

Edit:
file transactions when writing databases is enabled by default and makes keepass to write to a temporary file and replace the actual file afterwards to avoid data loss when keekass is prevented from saving the database completely

Now i do know what it means - but i don't know why it causes this error in combination with WebDAV
Coordinator
Dec 20, 2013 at 3:39 AM
Good to hear that you solved the problem. Honestly, I don't know why this happens either.

Please be aware that turning off the "file transactions" might lead to data loss as you noted so please make sure you always have a copy of the database somewhere else...