This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

How do I sync andorid and windows 7 pc?

Oct 28, 2013 at 8:01 AM
Edited Oct 28, 2013 at 8:09 AM
I've tried working it out but there isn't any sync settings on the android device other than a file location and I haven't been able to search for the file on my PC because it doesn't show up on android explorer. TIA.

There isn't any sync back function from android to pc. So the only way I can see to sync is to use Keepass Windows and select the file on my android device, however, I get the following error

Synchronization failed.

C:\Users\Desk\Documents\keepasswallet.kdbx
C:\Users\Desk\AppData\local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporarary Internet files\Content.IE5\OULK4DHC\keepasswallet[1].kdbx

Access to path
'C:\Users\Desk\AppData\local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporarary Internet files\Content.IE5\OULK4DHC\keepasswallet[1].kdbx' is denied.
Coordinator
Oct 28, 2013 at 9:12 PM
Hi,
It seems like you are using MTP to access your file on the mobile device. Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to work with Keepass, but I have just asked a question if anybody knows a solution. (https://sourceforge.net/p/keepass/discussion/329221/thread/cbd5af9b/)

An alternative way is to use FolderSync (Lite) to sync your Android file with a network share on your PC and sync with this copy.

Or you might want to try the latest version from https://keepass2android.codeplex.com/ which has Dropbox support built in for a very simple way to sync via Dropbox!
Oct 29, 2013 at 8:36 AM
Edited Oct 29, 2013 at 9:36 AM
Thanks for the reply Philipp. The syncing to PC is the only option I will use, I do not trust the cloud with my data. I will try FolderSync.

edit just tried this software, its failing due to access permissions for the file on android. Can this be rectified or will I defeat the purpose of security by allow access permission?
Coordinator
Oct 29, 2013 at 7:50 PM
where do you store your kdbx file? I would assume it's on the SD card, but FolderSync should be able to access it there. If you don't want to have other apps being able to access your kdbx file, you probably need to set up an FTP server (can be in the local network on your PC, not accessible from the Internet) and sync the file through this with KP2A's FTP feature. But I'm not sure if it's worth the effort!