APK Size

Oct 24, 2013 at 2:13 AM
Please understand that this is ^not^ a criticism or complaint, I'm just a curious person. Why is K2A so large? Is the Mono framework really large, or maybe the Keepass2 file back end? This is a great program, but 9.3MB seems huge.
Coordinator
Oct 24, 2013 at 7:41 AM
I know, it's big, but there's not a lot I can do about it. It's growing and growing constantly :-)

Yes, the Mono for Android framework is quite big. You may find samples on the web which are using it which are smaller, but as KP2A requires quite a lot of stuff (e.g. cryptography, HTTP/FTP classes, ...), bigger parts of the framework must be included. Compared to .net on the desktop, it's still small...

Every feature like the Keyboard, the kdbp support, Twofish support, native key transform ... added more code and increased the size.

The 0.9 is even bigger because it will include the Dropbox and Google Drive libraries as well as a file chooser.

I might compile it with less features, but that's quite some additional effort and I don't think it's really worth it.
Oct 28, 2013 at 2:55 AM
I agree with you on the amount of effort to cut it down. It's probably not worth it. The program is snappy and like I said, it wasn't a complaint or criticism. Thanks for your hard work!