This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

How to create a quick unlock code

May 9, 2013 at 1:16 AM
Can't figure out how to change the quick unlock code from the default
Coordinator
May 9, 2013 at 5:17 AM
Currently you can only change the length. Would you like to set a key which is completely deliberate? I thought it's better if you don't have to remember another key?
May 9, 2013 at 7:13 AM
I feel comfy with the idea as it is implemented today. If users have to remember too many keys/passwords they start reusing them. So every reused password adds security.

However, on touch keyboards there is an additional barrier: the limited set of keys - thus entering the correct key tends to be complicated. This can be overcome by using a clever keyboard (I use the Hackers keyboard) or by selecting a password that has 3 or 4 charcters that are simple to type. To be on the secure side it might be better to adapt the password and use Keepass2Android own keyboard.
Please note: I use this on a tablet. Due to less comfy entry on smaller devices such users might have a different oppinion!

While I think todays way to select keys is fine I propose the following changes:
  • remove the green key and autoterminate the field after the given count of characters (3 or 4) is reachd
  • change text text in Settings: it is not 'maximale Anzahl'. Just 'Anzahl' is correct, as the length is fixed