Compact Keyboard Issues

May 7, 2013 at 8:45 PM
When I use this on my Galaxy Note2 I seem to get compact keyboard which has multiple letter per key. Despite changing all the settings I can find relating to keyboards, I can't seem to get the full qwerty board that I would like to use and that is shown in the screen shots on the play store. I normally use the Samsung version of swype for my keyboard, which I know is unsafe, but I can't use this compact board especially pressing the key once makes if guess a word and pressing and holding doesn't get me any letters other than the first one.
Coordinator
May 7, 2013 at 8:48 PM
I'm not sure if I understand exactly what you mean. Could you please attach a screenshot of how this looks like on your device?
May 8, 2013 at 9:47 AM
I'm not sure if I understand exactly what you mean. Could you please attach a screenshot of how this looks like on your device?
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email ([email removed])
To start a new discussion for this project, email [email removed]
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com
Coordinator
May 9, 2013 at 6:16 AM
did you answer by mail? Looks like the screenshot didn't arrive in the forum here?
May 9, 2013 at 10:07 PM
However in making the screenshots I discovered the problem, despite the fact that I was using Swype as my main keyboard, the Samsung Keyboard was selected by default and this was set to be this 4x3 shortform keyboard. When I changed the Default to Swype, the problem went away and I got the Swype Keyboard. To use your keyboard I had to select it as the default as well as enabling it on the list of usable keyboards.

Jun 17, 2013 at 2:00 PM
The keyboard that comes up on my Nexus 7 is the standard Google keyboard.
I cannot see where I can select the app's secure keyboard. Am I missing something?
I downloaded the app a couple of weeks ago. The Nexus is running 4.2.2.

P.S. Trying out K2A, it seems a very good app, I have used KeePass at home for years.
After rooting, I run the app, with the database in an external USB stick.
Would like a Save As option so I can give an amended database a new name.
Coordinator
Jun 17, 2013 at 6:29 PM
If you have enabled the keyboard-notification in the KP2A settings (true by default), you should get an icon in the notification bar as soon as you select the entry you want to use. Alternatively, you can switch keyboards by the System's keyboard icon in the notification bar (which appears when you click on a text field). Therefore, you need to activate the KP2A keyboard through the language system settings first.